Publishers & Broadcasters Content Marketing Teams PR & Comms Teams Risk & Intelligence Teams Journalists & News Professionals Media Monitoring Pricing
BR

Belinda Ryan

Housing & Real Estate · United Kingdom
Compiled from public sources
Covers
Housing & Real Estate Services & Production Environment & Climate Breaking News & General Assignment Politics & Government Local Government

Published work

Northwich Guardian Aug 2026
Flats proposal for floors above New Look store in Crewe
J Charles Property Services has submitted a prior approval application to convert three floors and part of the ground floor above the New Look store on Delamere Street, Crewe, into 11 self-contained one- and two-bedroom flats. The plans retain commercial use at ground level and include a separate residential entrance, lift access, a secure courtyard, bin storage, cycle parking and a shared gym. No car parking is proposed, which the planning statement says is suitable for the town-centre location and sustainable development principles. The application is open for public comments until August 19 through Cheshire East Council's planning portal.
Northwich Guardian Aug 2026
Housing plan for green belt land close to King’s School at Prestbury
AVS Estates Ltd has applied to Cheshire East Council for permission in principle to build up to nine homes on land containing stables and a horse exercise area off Alderley Road in Prestbury, opposite The King’s School. The developer argues that the site qualifies as grey belt and previously developed land, is sustainably located, and would help address the council’s significant five-year housing land supply shortfall. Three residents have objected, citing green belt protections, wildlife concerns, the site’s alleged unsuitability for housing, and the absence of affordable homes. Comments on application 26/2601/PIP are invited until August 12.
Northwich Guardian Aug 2026
Middlewich Former Builder’s Yard to Be Bulldozed for Apartments
Cheshire East Council has granted outline planning permission for a former builder’s yard at 2 Lewin Street, Middlewich, to be demolished and replaced by a two-storey block containing four one-bedroom apartments. The brownfield site is currently in disrepair and lies beside Middlewich Library and near terraced housing within a conservation area. Planning officers concluded that residential redevelopment was acceptable in principle, subject to conditions and a later reserved matters application addressing access, layout, scale and landscaping.
Northwich Guardian Jul 2026
Congleton housing approved despite fear it will exacerbate flooding
Cheshire East Council approved Seddon Homes’ plans for 18 homes on a 0.84-hectare site off Padgbury Lane in Congleton. Residents and councillors warned that existing properties already experience raw sewage flooding and that the lane lacks safe crossings for children. The developer said the scheme would provide needed and affordable housing and that United Utilities was satisfied with the sewage proposals. Councillors acknowledged local drainage and road-safety problems but cited housing shortages and the risk of losing an appeal as reasons to approve the application. Approval was granted with conditions, including a stub access road and a request for United Utilities to verify foul-sewer capacity.
Northwich Guardian Jul 2026
Cheshire Police using drones to crack down on illegal e-bikes
Cheshire Police are expanding their drone capabilities to address rising concerns over illegally modified e‑bikes, following public complaints and queries raised by councillors. Police commissioner Dan Price said funding is being provided for additional officer training and the potential purchase of a tethered drone for extended operational time. He emphasised that responsibility should lie with manufacturers to prevent re‑programming e‑bikes beyond legal speed limits, while police increase resources to manage current risks.
Northwich Guardian Jul 2026
Cheshire East under fire over ‘broken promises’ after planning blunder
Cheshire East Council faces criticism after allowing three homes on the Coppenhall Place estate to be occupied before planning conditions were formally discharged despite earlier failures that left around 250 homes without valid permission. Councillor Roger Morris condemned the move as a breach of assurances meant to restore confidence following the original planning debacle, questioning the authority and transparency behind the decision. Former resident David Simcox lodged an official complaint citing governance and enforcement concerns, while the council’s deputy leader said a written response would be provided.