Editoras e emissoras Equipes de marketing de conteúdo Equipes de RP e comunicação Equipes de risco e inteligência Jornalistas e profissionais de imprensa Monitoramento de mídia Preços
DS

Dominic Scurr

Esportes · United Kingdom
Compilado a partir de fontes públicas
Cobre
Sports Breaking News & General Assignment

Trabalho publicado

The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United and Liverpool’s St James’ Park tribute plans take shape as Matthias Jaissle responds
Newcastle United and Liverpool supporters are collaborating on a St James’ Park tribute to Kevin Keegan before their Premier League match on August 23. Wor Flags and Spion Kop 1906 plan a large display featuring Keegan’s name and his famous No. 7, with cards distributed to every supporter for a coordinated stadium tribute. Newcastle head coach Matthias Jaissle described the occasion as especially meaningful because Keegan is revered by both clubs.
The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
‘New chapter’ - Defender reacts to Newcastle United move after West Ham United exit
Sixteen-year-old full-back Kyle Healy-Matthews has joined Newcastle United from West Ham United on a scholarship deal and will play for the club’s Under-18s during the 2026/27 season. He announced the move on Instagram as a “new chapter” and has already made his Newcastle debut, coming off the bench in a 3–1 win over Derby County. Newcastle’s latest signing is part of a broader effort to strengthen its academy, with Stoke City next scheduled to visit.
The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Upcoming Newcastle United signing spotted at St James' Park - 2027 transfer already agreed
Newcastle United have agreed a reported £2.6 million deal to sign 17-year-old Johan Martinez from Ecuadorian club Independiente del Valle. Martinez visited St James’ Park and was photographed holding a Newcastle shirt, but he will remain in Ecuador until turning 18 in May 2027, when English clubs can officially complete the transfer. Sporting director Ross Wilson said Newcastle beat competition from major European clubs and will monitor Martinez’s development until his arrival.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
'Always' - Newcastle United star's honest 23-word message after Eddie Howe & £250m transfer exits
Newcastle United defender Fabian Schar reflected positively on new head coach Matthias Jaissle while expressing regret over Eddie Howe’s departure after nearly five years. Schar credited Howe with building trust and helping deliver Champions League qualifications and the 2025 Carabao Cup. Despite Howe and several key players leaving, Schar said team change is inevitable and voiced confidence in Newcastle. After recovering from a serious ankle injury, the 34-year-old hopes to return to regular competitive action during his ninth Newcastle season.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Amar Dedic: Fresh footage leaks imminent Newcastle United transfer - medical today
Amar Dedic has arrived in Newcastle to complete a reported £30 million transfer from Benfica, with a medical and five-year contract expected. The 23-year-old Bosnia and Herzegovina international, who previously worked with Newcastle head coach Matthias Jaissle at Red Bull Salzburg, is set to become Newcastle’s sixth summer signing. Benfica coach Marco Silva confirmed Dedic’s absence from the squad because the transfer is at an advanced stage, while Jaissle declined to comment directly. The move addresses Newcastle’s lack of senior full-back options following several departures and injuries ahead of the Premier League opener against Liverpool.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Dan Burn agrees with Matthias Jaissle's Newcastle United warning as Liverpool watch on
Newcastle United captain Dan Burn says the team will be ready for its Premier League opener against Liverpool despite Matthias Jaissle's warning that the squad will not yet be at peak performance. Burn, who recently returned to the club and was appointed Bruno Guimaraes' successor as captain, played 45 minutes in Newcastle's 1-1 draw with Strasbourg, which the French side won on penalties. He acknowledged that the team must quickly adapt to Jaissle's philosophy following a disruptive summer, but said the players and supporters would have ample motivation for the home fixture.
The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United transfer imminent as Matthias Jaissle asked about £30m agreement - medical booked
Newcastle United have agreed a reported £30 million fee with Benfica for Bosnia and Herzegovina right-back Amar Dedic, who is due to undergo a medical and sign a five-year contract. The 23-year-old would address Newcastle’s shortage of senior full-backs following several departures and injuries. Head coach Matthias Jaissle, who previously worked with Dedic at Red Bull Salzburg, declined to discuss the transfer publicly but is understood to support the move. Newcastle are preparing to face Liverpool in their Premier League opener on August 23.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United player ratings v Bayer Leverkusen: 'Amazing' Mason Miley & four 5/10s in pre-season defeat
Newcastle United lost 2-1 to Bayer Leverkusen at St James’ Park in the Visit Malta pre-season trophy match. Ibrahim Maza gave Leverkusen an early lead, Malick Thiaw equalised before half-time from Anthony Elanga’s corner, and Victor Boniface scored the late winner. Mason Miley was Newcastle’s standout performer with an 8/10 rating, while Yoane Wissa and Thiaw also impressed; Lukas Hornicek, Lewis Hall, Harvey Barnes and Nick Woltemade were among those rated 5/10.
The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United have unearthed 'amazing' 17-year-old right-back as Matthias Jaissle hints at new signing
Newcastle United’s 17-year-old midfielder Mason Miley impressed at right-back during a 2-1 pre-season defeat by Bayer Leverkusen, earning strong praise from head coach Matthias Jaissle despite leaving the match with cramp. With Newcastle lacking a natural right-back before their Premier League opener against Liverpool, Jaissle said Miley could potentially start, while noting that the transfer window remains open. Newcastle are reportedly close to signing Benfica right-back Amar Dedic for £30 million, which could reduce the need to rely on Miley or his brother Lewis in that position.
The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Matthias Jaissle drops double Joelinton bombshell moments after Newcastle United friendly defeat
Newcastle United head coach Matthias Jaissle confirmed that Joelinton will miss the opening weeks of the 2026/27 season after suffering a training injury. Jaissle also announced Joelinton as the club’s new vice-captain, with Dan Burn replacing Bruno Guimaraes as captain. Jacob Murphy and Malick Thiaw have also led the team during pre-season, while young midfielder Lewis Miley could assume a more senior role after returning from a three-month injury absence.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United star feels like 'new signing' as fresh captaincy hint dropped ahead of 2026/27 opener
Dan Burn says returning to Newcastle United feels like joining a new club after major changes to the squad and coaching staff. Eddie Howe has departed following a 12th-place Premier League finish, Matthias Jaissle has taken over, and five new first-team players have arrived. Burn says senior players must maintain standards while helping newcomers adapt, and he is emerging as a leading candidate to replace Bruno Guimaraes as captain. Newcastle will introduce its new signings and host Bayer Leverkusen and Strasbourg in pre-season fixtures before the campaign begins.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United star teases return with wordless social media post ahead of Liverpool
Newcastle United right-back Tino Livramento has hinted on Instagram that he is close to returning from a calf injury, using an hourglass emoji before the club shared footage of him training on the grass. He remains a doubt for Newcastle’s Premier League opener against Liverpool on August 23 after missing all of preseason. Lewis Miley and Fabian Schar are also progressing toward team training, while Dan Burn is set to return to action in the club’s final friendlies against Strasbourg or Bayer Leverkusen. Goalkeepers Nick Pope and Ewen Jaouen remain unavailable for separate reasons.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Matthias Jaissle Is 'Scared' of Breaking Premier League Rules at Newcastle United — but Fans Will Love It
Newcastle United head coach Matthias Jaissle says he will retain his emotional touchline style but must adapt to Premier League rules requiring coaching staff to stay in the technical area. Jaissle, who asked how many yellow cards he could receive before a touchline ban, joked that he was slightly scared of punishment after enjoying more freedom at Saudi Arabian club Al Ahli. His animated conduct is expected to appeal to the St James’ Park crowd, provided it is associated with celebrations and victories rather than frustration and defeats.
The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
What Matthias Jaissle said moments after Newcastle United 1-3 Everton will certainly get supporters talking
Newcastle United head coach Matthias Jaissle said his team made an exciting start but exposed defensive and squad issues in a 3-1 pre-season defeat to Everton at Murrayfield. Thierno Barry and Iliman Ndiaye put Everton two goals ahead before Tyrique George added a third, with Harvey Barnes scoring a late consolation for Newcastle. Jaissle praised the academy players used in the second half and said the club is internally aware of its squad needs, including potential transfer additions, before upcoming matches against Strasbourg, Bayer Leverkusen and the Premier League opener against Liverpool.
The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United St James' Park upgrades unveiled as Matthias Jaissle delivers 'amazing' verdict
Newcastle United has unveiled upgrades at St James’ Park, including a new pitch and three upgraded or newly installed screens, as Matthias Jaissle was presented as the club’s new head coach. Jaissle praised the stadium and said he was looking forward to playing in front of a full home crowd. He acknowledged the challenges of a transition period but emphasized focusing on daily work, supporting the current squad and progressing step by step ahead of friendlies against Strasbourg and Bayer Leverkusen and the Premier League opener against Liverpool.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United defender withdraws from pre-season early - set for transfer exit
Newcastle United defender Alex Murphy left the club’s pre-season camp in Spain early to complete a season-long loan move to German second-tier side FC Kaiserslautern after undergoing a medical. The 22-year-old made only six appearances last season and has sought more regular football, having previously spent time on loan at Bolton Wanderers. His departure, alongside defensive injuries and fitness concerns affecting other Newcastle players, is expected to increase the club’s need to recruit another full-back. Murphy remains under contract with Newcastle until 2028.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
EFL Cup second round draw: Newcastle United, Everton, Leeds United and others discover their opponents
Newcastle United will host Championship side West Bromwich Albion at St James’ Park in the Carabao Cup second round during the week commencing August 24. The draw places other notable fixtures across the northern and southern sections, including Nottingham Forest against Leeds United, Preston North End against Everton, Chelsea against Luton Town and Southampton against West Ham United. Newcastle have reached the final in their two previous appearances from this stage, winning the 2025 final against Liverpool, but were eliminated in last season’s semi-final by eventual winners Manchester City. The tie will provide an early test for new head coach Matthias Jaissle.
Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Fresh Bruno Guimaraes Newcastle United transfer twist as Arsenal make official move
Arsenal have made a formal bid for Newcastle United captain Bruno Guimaraes, but Newcastle rejected the initial offer while continuing negotiations. Guimaraes, whose return was delayed after Brazil’s World Cup campaign, is expected to join Newcastle’s squad and meet new manager Matthias Jaissle. Arsenal are confident of reaching a deal, with personal terms reportedly agreed and an improved bid expected, while Guimaraes is said to want to leave Newcastle.
The Shields Gazette Aug 2026
Newcastle United complete fifth summer signing as another announcement imminent
Newcastle United have completed the signing of 24-year-old Czech goalkeeper Lukas Hornicek from SC Braga after triggering his £25 million release clause. Hornicek has agreed a five-year contract and will compete for the starting position, while the move increases uncertainty over Nick Pope’s future. He is the club’s fifth summer signing and has joined the squad during its pre-season camp in Spain. The signing comes alongside the expected formal announcement of Matthias Jaissle as Newcastle’s new manager, with further attention turning to captain Bruno Guimaraes’s future and possible interest from Arsenal.